Defend Or Run
AMC premiered footage from the upcoming fourth season of The Walking Dead. The series regulars will be joined by new survivors this season, and it looks like the prison may not be as safe as they had hoped.
Season 4 of The Walking Dead premieres Sunday, 10/13 at 9 PM on AMC.
Along with the preview clip, the show’s stars and creators shared some info on what’s in store for the characters next season:
- Andrew Lincoln (Rick) on the Woodbury survivors joining the group: “When we meet them all in Season 4, there is a whole new community in the prison and friction between certain characters. It makes for incredible character-driven scenes.”
And on Rick’s relationship with son, Carl: “Rick seeing turning into a sociopath at the end of the season woke him up to his parenting duties. You find Rick in a completely different place this season.”
- Creator Robert Kirkman: “The world is getting worse, the people are getting more ragged, and it’s going to keep progressing, if you can believe that.”
And on the Governor: “All bets are off with the Governor. How he returns is going to be a mystery of the next season.”
- David Morrissey, who plays the Governor, on whether he thinks the character is completely evil: “I mean, he went off with two of them; he didn’t kill them all. So, you’ve got to give him that.”
- Norman Reedus on Daryl: “Without Meryl around, he can find this sense of self-worth that he never had before.”
- Chad Coleman on his character: “On a certain level, Tyreese is still trying to figure out how he fits in and what are the rules of engagement for him.”
- Scott Wilson on the motivation of his character, Hershel: “I think he just wants to hold on to his other leg.”